This specialization in Walden’s Minnesota state-approved* teacher preparation program offers an in-depth look at increasing positive child development from infancy through the primary grades. This program will help you create a solid foundation for these early learners.
Based on national and academic standards, this specialization was developed by leading educational experts and master teachers in order to build your teaching skills and help you make a significant impact on young children.
In this specialization, you will:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development in order to build on young children’s individual strengths and respond to their unique challenges.
- Participate in virtual and supervised fieldwork to understand the factors that contribute to the development and learning in the lives of young children who range from infants and toddlers to those in the early elementary grades.
- Learn about the foundational theories of child development and early childhood education, including professional organizations and resources that can help you promote developmentally appropriate practices in your classroom.
- Understand the vital importance and complexities of working with diverse parents and families in order to build partnerships that will foster children’s healthy growth and development.
- Harness your passion for working with young children and translate it into developing effective teaching practices.