3 Graduate Credits for $385 or Audit for $199 - You Choose!
(all course materials included)
Empower your students to be independent learners as they navigate deliberate steps in literacy instruction at their own pace. Readings include the bestseller, “The Daily Five,” and will provide strong examples of structure that you can incorporate immediately as you build upon your students’ literacy skills. This course may challenge the way you view literacy instruction, and will invigorate your overall approach in the classroom.
Goals and Objectives: As a result of participation in this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the foundations and rationale behind the strategies of The CAFÉ and the Daily 5.
- Utilize techniques to help their students become independent learners in developing their literacy.
- Formulate plans to ensure students have clear guidelines and appropriate time and materials to improve literacy skills.
- Adapt and apply new literacy techniques to their primary classroom.
- Design a plan to incorporate The Daily 5 philosophy in the classroom, team or building.
What your colleagues are saying about this course:
“I want to take the opportunity to express that the courses offered through Learner's Edge have been most helpful. The courses I have taken covered materials, techniques and interventions that are relevant to what we do as teachers. The emphasis has been on applications and what are "common sense" best teaching practices rather than theories. Thank you for providing me with the opportunity for REAL professional development.”
Martha Ann Edminster
East Freetown, Massachusetts